- Liha's hand-poured candle is named after the Yoruba Queen Idia, believed to be a symbol of female empowerment in ancient civilizations. It's made with eco-friendly Coconut Wax that emits more fragrance than it absorbs, filling your space with earthy floral notes of Lavender and Hibiscus balanced by a heart of Geranium and Frankincense. Re-use the decorative glass jar to store accessories or makeup brushes.
- Our candle is made from clean burning sustainable coconut wax blend with base notes of Geranium and Frankincense, top notes of Lavender and hibiscus invoking the fragrance of soft African Moss. We use cotton wicks and recyclable and reusable container.
- The famous Queen Idia, forever immortalised as a Benin Bronze. Queen Idia is a symbol of female empowerment and proof of ancient matriarchal societies. The myth tells of two medicine-filled incisions on her forehead that were the source of her metaphysical power.
- How To Use: The burn time for the 90g is 15 hours and the 220g is approximately 40 hours.
- Ritual: You need the Queen Idia candle on the side of your bath at all times in case of emergency! Light the candle and sit back on relax.
We are LIHA. We create beauty products that are, like us, a mixture of natural African roots and a quintessentially British attitude.
I am a Gloucestershire girl born and bred. Abi is a Londoner through and through. We met at University in 1998 and have been close ever since. Whilst Abi was travelling the world as a professional athlete, competing in two Olympic games, I was setting up an art publishing business and living the quiet (ish) life raising my daughter. We would often meet in London, or sometimes if she happened to be warm weather training and I had a trade show to go to, somewhere a bit sunnier.
In the Yoruba (Nigerian) tradition making beautifying oils, soaps and lotions from the nuts, tree bark and plants that grew in abundance was a skill that was traditionally learned by all young women. My mother is an English aromatherapist, so I naturally started to blend the two disciplines together. Whenever Abi would travel I would ask her to bring back different ingredients- especially that good Nigerian Shea from her father’s town!
We tried to do a soft launch to introduce the natural beauty community to our concept, and things have been a whirlwind ever since. We are grateful for the journey and to you for joining us.
Use collapsible tabs for more detailed information that will help customers make a purchasing decision.
Ex: Shipping and return policies, size guides, and other common questions.