- Vesuve is part of Rigaud's "Woody" fragrances which known for being both warm and elegant. All contain rare and precious essences such as amber and incense. Vesuve has notes of cedar, warm and spicy notes of cinnamon and cumin which bring personality to it's scent.
- Rigaud scented candles are presented in a thick glass container, decorated with a hand-tied embossed satin ribbon, a silver metal base with round holder, and with a silver-metal snuffer cap which is designed to be re-used with large refill ("recharge") Rigaud candles.
- Large Candle has approximately 90 hours of fragrance when burned
- 230 grams of soft wax, pure cotton wick, 3 inches in diameter, 5.5" Tall
- Rigaud Paris candles are considered by many to be the finest, most elegant, and highest quality candles made in the world today. Each candle is hand-poured and inspected to insure a premium quality product. Rigaud candles burn evenly, without leaving any deposit on the glass and they do not tunnel, unlike hard wax candles.
Luxury and elegance: Rigaud home fragrances
At the turn of the 21st century, the market for body perfumes had become banalized and perfumers’ creativity was hampered by marketing constraints. But La Maison Rigaud was giving the perfumer’s imagination free rein. Perpetuating the great tradition of French perfumery, new, daring and inventive compositions were created, with evocative names – Bois Précieux, Jardin d’Orient – in tribute to the fine perfumes of old time.
La Maison Rigaud continues to innovate, with a collection of natural environmental fragrance diffusers to explore new ways of softly and lightly scenting the home at every moment of the day or night.
The reputation of Rigaud candles has crossed all borders, and Rigaud is distributed in more than 30 countries around the world and in the major capitals of all continents.
Rigaud scented candles and home fragrances are on view in San Francisco at Gumps along with the leading luxury perfumes, as a symbol of French elegance and refinement.
The candles perfume the residencies of worldwide wealthy families, royal courts, large ministries, palaces and the living room of celebrities, such as King Juan Carlos I of Spain, Prince Albert of Monaco, Prince Charles of England, the Vatican, The Ministry of Defence, Quai d’Orsay, the Hôtel Matignon (the french first minister residence), the Hôtel du Palais in Biarritz, the Normandy Barriere and Royal Barriere hotels in Deauville, the Diana hotel in Carnac, Mister President Nicolas Sarkozy, Mrs Carla Bruni-Sarkozy, Mrs Princess Lee Radziwill, Mrs Sylvie Vartan, Mr Julien Clerc, Mr Laurent Voulzy, Mr Patrick de Carolis, Mrs Ines de la Fressange, the Blair House in Washington DC and Mme Donatella Versace.
And so La Maison Rigaud remains faithful to the spirit of its founder, who himself expressed his calling with these inspired words:
“A great perfumer must be a veteran and a specialist. He is not only the one who succeeds in creating a fine perfume, but who also manages to transform into fragrance some of life’s most poetic manifestations.” — Jean-Baptiste.
The Rigaud family always remained owner of its brand and since 2011 it is Mario Rigaud’s daughter who is the President.
Use collapsible tabs for more detailed information that will help customers make a purchasing decision.
Ex: Shipping and return policies, size guides, and other common questions.