- Our Ghanaian Shea butter is the ultimate African beauty secret. Used for centuries by women to protect and regenerate the skin, its potency lies in its naturally high concentration of A and E.
- A multi-purpose moisturiser for all skin types, it can be used on dry areas, stretch marks, scars, as a nappy balm, or as a base for making your own natural cosmetics.
- Our Shea butter comes in two varieties from two different regions. Ivory Shea is from Ghana and has a light crumbly texture and is slightly lighter in colour. It has a natural nutty, vanilla honey-like fragrance and this jar of goodness can serve myriad roles, thanks to Gold Shea’s spreadability and extra-nourishing properties.
- Shea Butter is known for its high content of fatty acids and its naturally occurring content of Vitamins A and E. Traditionally used as a “cure all” balm, with women in Africa using it on everything from stretch marks and scars to babies' bums. An excellent natural alternative to petroleum jelly.
- HOW TO USE: All you need is a small amount, let it melt between your hands and apply everywhere - body, face, feet, and hands.
We are LIHA. We create beauty products that are, like us, a mixture of natural African roots and a quintessentially British attitude.
I am a Gloucestershire girl born and bred. Abi is a Londoner through and through. We met at University in 1998 and have been close ever since. Whilst Abi was travelling the world as a professional athlete, competing in two Olympic games, I was setting up an art publishing business and living the quiet (ish) life raising my daughter. We would often meet in London, or sometimes if she happened to be warm weather training and I had a trade show to go to, somewhere a bit sunnier.
In the Yoruba (Nigerian) tradition making beautifying oils, soaps and lotions from the nuts, tree bark and plants that grew in abundance was a skill that was traditionally learned by all young women. My mother is an English aromatherapist, so I naturally started to blend the two disciplines together. Whenever Abi would travel I would ask her to bring back different ingredients- especially that good Nigerian Shea from her father’s town!
We tried to do a soft launch to introduce the natural beauty community to our concept, and things have been a whirlwind ever since. We are grateful for the journey and to you for joining us.
Use collapsible tabs for more detailed information that will help customers make a purchasing decision.
Ex: Shipping and return policies, size guides, and other common questions.